The WTI welcomes applications from those wishing to conduct research here. Visiting researchers are allocated a supervisor from among the professors and senior researchers at the WTI.
Visiting Research Fellows
Research at the WTI
Interested in applying?
To apply for a position as a visiting research fellow at the WTI, please send:
- a completed version of the application form
- a CV including a detailed list of publications
- a short biography (maximum ½ page) and a high-quality profile portrait picture (1,200 px) for our website
- a two-page description of the research you intend to pursue while at the WTI and an indication of your sources of funding and/or research grant(s)
- the name of the WTI full, associate or assistant professor or WTI senior fellow, whom the applicant would like to act as a supervisor of, or as a collaborating colleague, on the proposed research
- the starting date and length of the research stay applied for
by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org (subject line: Application Visiting Research Fellowship Programme).
Important: Incomplete applications will not be processed.
The WTI accepts applications all year round, subject to internal availability. Applicants should specify the length of their intended visit (longer or less than 3 weeks).
Cost and fees:
The WTI charges 500 Swiss francs per month for office space and use of IT infrastructure, electronic journals and the library. Payments are due on the first day of each month. For longer stays, discounted fees apply.
For information on fees, scholarships and financial aid, visa/immigration requirements, housing and health insurance, see the application form.
For information about living and studying in Switzerland, click here.