7 Jul 2021
Reminder - Nominations for the WTI Alumni Association
The creation of the WTI Alumni Association enters its next chapter, the nomination of several key positions within the association. These positions are: President, Vice President, Secretary, Treasurer and Outreach Officer.
If you are interested in running for the Executive Committee of the WTI Alumni Association, please submit your expression of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org by 10 July 2021 (midnight CET). Submissions should consist of two brief paras (at around 180 words) – that provide background information and why you are running for the position in question. Please also provide a photo.
For more details about the main tasks for each position, please see below:
- The President shall be the chief executive officer and shall be responsible, in conjunction with the other members of the Executive Committee, to direct and manage the activities of the Association in order to achieve the Purpose as set forth under Article 6 of the AoA.
- The President shall promote the development of the Association and its affiliates, and shall perform other duties on behalf of the General Assembly.
- The President shall preside over the meetings of the Executive Committee and the GAM. He or she shall represent the Association with respect to public authorities and third parties.
- The President shall attend the WTI Annual Board Meeting to represent the interests of the Association.
- The Vice President shall work closely with, and support the President to implement all duties as stipulated under Article 27 above. In the absence of the President, the Vice-President shall assume the role of the President.
- The Vice President shall facilitate coordination among the Members and Observers, the Executive Committee, Regional Chapters, and Thematic Working Groups in order to achieve the Purpose as set forth under Article 6 of the AoA.
- In addition to its duty to achieve the Purpose set forth under Article 6 of the AoA as a member of the Executive Committee, the Secretary shall be responsible to see that meeting announcements, agendas and minutes of all Executive Committee and General Assembly meetings are properly prepared, distributed in a timely manner and maintained for archival and business records purposes.
- In addition to its duty to achieve the Purpose set forth under Article 6 of the AoA as a member of the Executive Committee, the Treasurer shall be responsible for maintaining and monitoring all financial accounts of the Association.
- The Treasurer shall supervise the accounts of the Association and control its monies or funds held in trust by it, and shall make such reports showing the financial condition of the Association as may be required by the General Assembly.
- The Treasurer shall comply with all accounting and auditing procedures of the relevant and applicable Swiss law.
- The External Communications Officer shall serve as the Association’s business agent, promoting, marketing and soliciting interest for the activities of the Association and the WTI through social media, email communication or similar means, to achieve the Purpose as set forth under Article 6 of the AoA.
Any questions partaining to the WTI Alumni Association can be sent to email@example.com.