3 Mar 2022
Information about Humanitarian and Financial Aid Possibilities for Ukraine
Right now, Ukraine is victim to an unlawful and cruel attack carried out by the Russian army. Help is needed and there are several possibilities how you can offer your support.
1. Humanitarian Aid:
a) financial aid for humanitarian purposes; and/or
b) collection of physical items from the list provided below at the collection point of the Embassy of Ukraine in Switzerland (Feldeggweg 5, 3005 Bern).
For option a) in particular, there are 2 accounts:
Details of the official special account: UA843000010000000047330992708
The account is multi-currency, it is created and opened for the transfer of funds from international partners and donors- in foreign currency (US dollars, euros, British pounds, Swiss francs, Australian dollars, Canadian dollars, RMB yuan and yen), and from Ukrainian business and citizens – in the national currency.
2) In Swiss Francs (CHF)
Ukrainischer Verein in der Schweiz
CH46 0900 0000 6139 4791 7
Items that may be both brought to the collection point (see option 1 b)) and/or are to be purchased out of funds raised for that purpose:
- Thermal underwear
- Disposable tableware
- First aid supplies and kits
- Non-perishable food (canned food, soup and porridge sachets etc)
- Karemats, tents, mattresses, sleeping bags
- Tent heaters, heaters
- Female hygiene products, diapers, nappies
- Lanterns, stand-alone lamps
- Batteries, power banks, batteries
- Mobile phones, walkie-talkies, radio transmitters, radios
- Off-road vehicles and for transporting people
- Communications (mobile phones, walkie-talkies, radio transmitters)
- Laptops and tablets (with the maximum possible battery life)
- Folding beds
- Containers for liquids with a capacity of 10 and 20 litres (canisters for water, fuel, lubricants
- Portable defibrillator
- Bandage dressing (Israel)
- Occlusion bandages
- Wheelchairs (children and adults), walkers, rollers, crutches
Please note that the list of urgent items is updated on a daily basis. It means that some of them may be given preference over others. Collected money will also be spent on essential medicines.
You can also make donations to support the Ukrainian army. Please see https://bank.gov.ua/ua/about/support-the-armed-forces.
For donations in CHF:
BENEFICIARY: National Bank of Ukraine
BENEFICIARY BIC: NBUA UA UX
BENEFICIARY ADDRESS: 9 Instytutska St, Kyiv, 01601, Ukraine
ACCOUNT NUMBER: 0700-01227572
IBAN CH32 0070 0070 0012 2757 2
BENEFICIARY BANK NAME: ZURCHER KANTONALBANK, ZURICH
BENEFICIARY BANK BIC: ZKBKCHZZ80A
BENEFICIARY BANK ADDRESS: Josefstrasse 222, 8005 Zurich, Switzerland
PURPOSE OF PAYMENT: for crediting account 47330992708
A message (in Ukrainian) of the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine with the official account numbers and contact details of people responsible for the purchase of humanitarian aid in case funds are transferred to the special account (i.e., option 1 a) above) is linked below.