11 Apr 2013
Food security, trade and climate change
Baris Karapinar gave a presentation at the Stakeholder Workshop with the UN Special Rapporteur on the Right to Food, Olivier de Schutter: "The Right to Food: Need for Action in (Swiss) Policy and Research Stakeholder Workshop with UN Special Rapporteur on the Right to Food".
Six scientists from the World Trade Institute and the Centre for Development and Environment (CDE) at the University of Bern will challenge UN Special Rapporteur on the Right to Food, Olivier de Schutter, on food policy issues.
Their theses will address the following:
- Agricultural transition and feminisation processes
- Land grabbing as a result of biased policies towards small farmers
- The global knowledge portal on smallholders
- How climate change strengthens the role of trade
- From the right to food to democratic governance of the agri-food regime
- How human rights impact assessments presume different regulatory options
The workshop is co-organised by the World Trade Institute and the Centre for Development and Environment (CDE), at University of Bern.