8 May 2020
Register for the 2020 Summer Academy - All courses available online
Due to the circumstances caused by the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, the WTI has decided to offer all of this years' Summer Academy courses online, ensuring that people who wish to broaden their knowledge of international law and economics can still do so, despite not being able to travel to Switzerland. The courses are also available to Master's students enrolled at the University of Bern.
The WTI Winter and Summer academies cover cutting-edge issues in trade and investment law and policy and are designed for working professionals and higher-education students who are interested in our programmes, but have limited time.
The Summer Academy 2020 runs from 22 June until 17 July. It offers a total of seven weekly courses:
1. WTO Law on TBT & SPS Measures
2. Module I: Innovation and Intellectual Property Protection: Foundations and Challenges
3. Applied General Equilibrium Modelling on Trade Policy & Development
4. Module II: Intellectual Property and the Digital Economy
5. Trade & Agriculture: New Challenges
6. International Investment Law & Dispute Settlement: Current Developments
7. Trade & Sustainable Development
Modules can be taken individually on an à la carte basis. Students who take multiple courses may become eligible for a Diploma of Advanced Studies (DAS) or a Certificate of Advanced Studies (CAS) in International Law and Economics. Visit our CAS / DAS Programmes page to learn more.
Click here to read our interview with Christine Jiang, an Oxford graduate from Hong Kong, who participated in a previous WTI Winter Academy.
For Master's students enrolled at the University of Bern who wish to audit (not eligible for ECTS credits), the courses can be taken for free. For those who want to obtain ECTS credits and take the exam, a special fee applies. Visit the Winter and Summer Academy page for more details and registration. The application deadline is 1 June 2020.