7 Apr 2022
Starting soon: The 2022 Summer Academy
The 2022 Summer Academy at the World Trade Institute (WTI) starts on 7 June, offering eleven courses by leading experts on trade investment law and policy issues.
The upcoming Summer Academy, which will spread over a period of six weeks, features the following courses:
Week 1 (7 -10 June 2022): Foundations of Trade Policy and Trade Policy Data
Week 2 (13 - 17 June 2022): Econometric Analysis of Trade Policy
Week 3 (20 - 24 June 2022):
- Introduction to Input-Output and Applied General Equilibrium Models
- The Proposed EU Carbon Border Adjustment Mechanism (CBAM): its Legality, Effectiveness and Impact
- Innovation and Intellectual Property Protection: Foundations and Challenges
Week 4 (27 June - 1 July 2022):
- Applied Trade Policy Modeling using Computational General Equilibrium Models
- WTO Law on Technical Barriers to Trade (TBT) & Sanitary and Phytosanitary Measures (SPS)
- Intellectual Property and the Digital Economy
Week 5 (4 - 8 July 2022): More Agrifood Trade Governance
Week 6 (11 - 15 July 2022):
- Latest Developments in International Investment Law
- Dispute Settlement and Trade and Sustainable Social Development
Modules can be taken individually on an à la carte basis. Participants who take multiple courses may become eligible for a Diploma of Advanced Studies (DAS) or a Certificate of Advanced Studies (CAS) in International Law and Economics. Visit our CAS / DAS Programmes page to learn more. The newly created Certificate of Advanced Studies (CAS) on Applied Trade Policy Modeling (TRADEMOD) offers a research-oriented teaching in the field of trade policy. The courses provided show the different theories and quantitative models and techniques used to analytically evaluate the past effects of trade policies. Find more information here.
The WTI Winter and Summer academies are specially designed for busy working professionals and higher-education students who want to learn more about cutting-edge trade and investment issues, but have limited time.
*Visit the Winter and Summer Academy page for details and registration. Please note that the application deadline is two weeks before the chosen week-long course begins.